ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Morris Added To 2020 Football Schedule

My flights are already booked. I’m getting up for this season and that’s all there is to it. Everyone is in the same boat here. I am preparing for a football season. When the opportunity to enjoy that season is finally realized, a successful season will be my reward.

Ask these young men what they want to do! No one’s opinion should matter but theirs. I am willing to bet the team unanimously votes to carry on with the season (no mail in votes allowed) !

Sounds like CAA says they won't play. Rumor is JMU will play if NCAA have post season.

Would think schools like NDSU and MT and MSU likely would also.

Seems like RMU is pressing forward. I believe Hampton said they were not playing. That would leave big South schools with an extra bye.

Could get interesting.

Hampton is not playing. North Carolina A&T, which is also joining the Big South in 2021, is not playing (it's following its old conference, the MEAC, which shut down).

The Horizon League, by the way, has postponed all fall sports until October.

RMU may want to go forward, simply because there's a great chance to maybe make some guarantee money for the program. But it may not be possible.

Apparently Elon, Towson and Delaware are additional CAA schools still exploring football in the fall.

Dayton game canceled after the A-10 postpones the fall sports season to the spring.

Duquesne game might be, too, though the Dukes haven't said anything yet.

Silly if football is going to played. Dayton and Duq are both close games. Understand if they say we just are not playing, but otherwise doesn't make sense.

Silly if football is going to played. Dayton and Duq are both close games. Understand if they say we just are not playing, but otherwise doesn't make sense.
They are likely not playing and are just waiting for official decisions by their organizing bodies. The NEC and PFL haven't made statements yet.

Looks like a good chance to add JMU this fall. Looking better n better everyday. Better competition breeds better teams, players n coaches! Gettin goosebumps!

With all of the shuffling going on, does anyone know or have a good guess as to the opponents that are currently on the schedule? Is the Bowling Green game still expected to be played? If we play BG, Hawaii and JMU that's three pay games? I assume BG and Hawaii are pay games. In a normal year, JMU probably would be a pay game, although probably a much lesser amount then the other two. Are the players back on campus now, same question for basketball?

TMK.. football players due back today.
Yes, yes, yes to pay games. I believe $$$ is case to case basis but all 3 games, RMU will receive payment.

Thanks, Wurst_2_furst
I saw a social media post of a few of the basketball players on campus working out yesterday.
All the best to all of the student/athletes. Stay well, stay, stay healthy.

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
Big South announced they were planning on playing today. Wonder if RMU could slide into Hamptons schedule and with BG, Hawaii, perhaps JMU... What a schedule that would be!

Big South announced they were planning on playing today. Wonder if RMU could slide into Hamptons schedule and with BG, Hawaii, perhaps JMU... What a schedule that would be!
As a hypothetical, here's what we have so far for RMU...

9/5 - VMI
9/12 - at Bowling Green
9/19 - Open (was at Dayton)
9/26 - at Hawaii
10/3 - Saint Francis
10/10 - at Duquesne
10/17 - at LIU
10/24 - Wagner
10/31 - Open (was Merrimack)
11/7 - Open (was at Bryant)
11/14 - Open (was CCSU)
11/21 - at Sacred Heart (still scheduled, they even previewed it on the SHU site)

Hampton had Big South games on:
10/10 - Gardner Webb
10/17 - Campbell
10/31 - at Kennesaw State
11/7 - at Monmouth
11/14 - at North Alabama
11/21 - Charleston South

No match on Gardner Webb, whether it's 10/10 or another date. Campbell could do 9/19 if RMU is willing to not have any time off before or after its Hawaii trip.

Kennesaw State, Monmouth and North Alabama would be direct matches. Monmouth could also do 9/19. The Hawks currently do not have a game before 10/3, as they were all canceled.

So, yeah, with some mixing and matching, you could get a lot of Big South opponents on the schedule. It wouldn't be a direct replacement of Hampton, but it'd fill it out some if that's the route RMU and their new conference foes wanted to go.

Last edited:
Frankly, considering everything, if we get seven games in by the end of October and call it a season, that would be okay. Preparing for the SFU game will be difficult after playing a FBS team and especially with the long flight and time change. Ideally, you would want a bye week after traveling to Hawaii, but this season is not going to be ideal. Go Colonials!

If football games are played without fans this year, Pitt could play RMU at The Joe! LOL
If Jeff Capel can make the trip to Moon, so can Pat Narduzzi. Is this crazy, probably, but it has to be very expensive for Pitt to rent Heinz Field for a game. So if fans are not allowed, why not play at a much less expensive venue. ;)

Penn State, Ohio State, and of course, we want to add 'Bama to the schedule.
Roll, Colonials, Roll

Could be just an unreal season. Wins could be tough to come by but the guys will learn quick.

FYI, the Pitt rumor earlier isn't happening.

Pitt is playing Miami (OH) as their only non-conference game before the 10-game ACC schedule. Again, assuming that all happens as planned.

Also, all the NEC games are canceled now, though Duquesne may still try to play an independent schedule.

Right now we've got five games:
9/5 - host VMI
9/12 - at Bowling Green
9/26 - at Hawaii
10/10 - at Duquesne (sounds like they're going to try to play a season even though NEC canceled. Dukes just an affiliate member so it can do as it pleases)
TBA - Charleston Southern (open dates on 10/3, 10/31, and 11/21)

Hampton and Monmouth are not playing in the Big South and future member NCA&T is stuck with the MEAC.

But RMU could fill in with others.

Campbell has room on 10/3, 10/17 and 10/24. Gardner Webb on 10/3 and 11/14. Kennesaw State on 9/19, 10/17, 10/31, and 11/21. And North Alabama on 10/3, 10/17, and 11/14.

MAC cancels season. Bowling Green is out.

Duquesne may be out, too. Rumor is players are being sent home there.

Half of FCS isn't playing. It's looking pretty difficult.

It is either going to be a strange season or no season. Strangest of all would a one game season, at Hawaii.

Does anyone still think RMU will have a football season this fall? I think the likelihood is remote at best.

Big Ten and PAC 12 postponed fall sports today.

If somehow RMU does attempt to play, it is highly unlikely they will play a 10-game season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT