ADVERTISEMENT

RMU @ Kennesaw State Game Notes and Information

Will be tough play option team, especially a very good option team. Sure the boys are ready and likely should be pretty healthy. Good to see White in there.

Will be tough play option team, especially a very good option team. Sure the boys are ready and likely should be pretty healthy. Good to see White in there.
Yes. Definitely a more complete team vs KSU then JMU. Still need TE depth. A good matchup to gage their spot in Big South.

We shouldn’t read too much in the depth chart. From the YouTube interview it seems that White is still fighting to come back.

Anybody have any insight on Dare or any of the other QBs? Not saying a move needs made, just curious if they are close or if George is head and shoulders above.

Kennesaw State is pretty good, but I wonder how much the time off affected the offense today. This article Martin and all the centers were part of the COVID protocol the past month, so they missed a lot of time.

Without a doubt, Kennesaw is a high quality program, and the extended time off had to hurt the Colonials. Considering those two factors, I am not disappointed that Kennesaw scored 35 points against the Colonials, but getting shutout just always hurts. I view this spring season as getting ready for the fall. Despite the score today, I think this program is heading in the right direction. Go Colonials!

While I want to throw my hands up and say "what is going on" I remind myself that RMU had a month off from game play while KSU were able to get games in. While KSU is a top 10 team, they didn't scare me. If RMU could have gotten some points on the board like they did against JMU then it would easily been a closer game.

And sure I question if perhaps we need to try another QB in that 2nd half to see if we get a spark. But perhaps the younger QBs are just not ready. These are not the higher level DII teams RMU has played in the past, these are top level FCS programs. And perhaps Martin is head and shoulders where everyone else is at.

But I think for this Spring season the staff is perhaps using this as a measuring stick for the program within the Big South (much like basketball in the Horizon). What are we missing? Adjusting recruiting targets? Getting more interest from FBS transfers?

I don't see the staff making any changes to key positions for the possible 2 remaining games. This is a great chance to review the talent in place and see if any positions need to be upgraded.

I expect to see a much better team for the final two weeks (if we get those games in).

ADVERTISEMENT