ADVERTISEMENT

RMU Football Early Signing Day

Oline, DB, WR/TE... All area of need.

Hopefully this young man is next, think he could be great.

This is cool about Daevon Robinson, the WR transfer from Rutgers. I don't recall a football player walking on to the basketball team (or vice versa) in years at RMU. Maybe the early days of football?

This is cool about Daevon Robinson, the WR transfer from Rutgers. I don't recall a football player walking on to the basketball team (or vice versa) in years at RMU. Maybe the early days of football?

Interesting that Daevon Robinson plans to walkon for basketball. I suppose he can do that while sitting out for football. At 6'4 he set a school record for rebounding and is very athletic and a tenacious defender.

Considering that the Colonials only have eight players available, not counting freshmen Olisa and walkon Terrell who are not getting any significant playing time and apparently need a year to development, if Daevon can learn enough of the system he could be needed this year if the Colonials have any injuries. I don't know if he would be immediately eligible and he has not played college basketball, but clearly he is a talented athlete. An old quote from his high school coach would indicate that he is the type of player that Andy Toole loves, Shawnee coach Joe Kessler said. “He just broke the single-season rebounding record at Shawnee. He brings so much energy. He plays his heart out, out there and it’s contagious. The other guys see what he’s doing and they pick up their aggressiveness.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT