ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Suemnick

Pat Suemnick looks to be a real solid recruit. Had a post grad year at a very good prep program this year. Smart, good student, very coachable, works hard, can shoot. Should be much more ready to play than the typical freshman. Seems to have been lightly recruited by D-1. Not an A.J. Bramah type of talent, but then, who is, but should be a tough, smart, consistent player who Coach Toole will enjoy coaching. He is listed as 6'8, if that is his true height, he could be a steal.

Wow from what you said looks great! Toole can really find some under the radar gems as we all know.

I think while at NEC he was recruiting at least at horizon level, excited to see what he can do now. Very excited about the for future of whole athletic department.

It's hard to say how the move to the Horizon will impact the caliber of players we recruit. Compared to our typical freshman big man I like the looks of Pat's game. No doubt the conference change had some pull with this Green Bay product.

Good article about Suemnick in Pittsburgh Sports Now

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/202...020-with-commitment-from-pf-patrick-suemnick/

As I mentioned in a previous post, Suemnick seems to be a guy that Coach Toole will enjoy coaching.

“Personally, I believe the strongest aspect of my game is my versatility,” said Suemnick. “I like to come in and see what my team has and what they’re missing. I want to be the guy that does the little things like blocking out to get the rebound, set screens, calling everything out offensively and defensively. I want to be the player that does anything and everything that a lot of other players don’t want to do.”

Interesting that the article states that Suemnick was just offered (now) 4 days ago, and Pat stated "It was great that they had a spot open up and they decided to offer me." I suppose they were holding it for someone else who decided to go elsewhere, perhaps Tim Holland a top 100 Juco player who opted for Arkansas State. Happy we got this young man.
Good article about Suemnick in Pittsburgh Sports Now

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/202...020-with-commitment-from-pf-patrick-suemnick/

As I mentioned in a previous post, Suemnick seems to be a guy that Coach Toole will enjoy coaching.

“Personally, I believe the strongest aspect of my game is my versatility,” said Suemnick. “I like to come in and see what my team has and what they’re missing. I want to be the guy that does the little things like blocking out to get the rebound, set screens, calling everything out offensively and defensively. I want to be the player that does anything and everything that a lot of other players don’t want to do.”

Interesting that the article states that Suemnick was just offered (now) 4 days ago, and Pat stated "It was great that they had a spot open up and they decided to offer me." I suppose they were holding it for someone else who decided to go elsewhere, perhaps Tim Holland a top 100 Juco player who opted for Arkansas State. Happy we got this young man.
I think they were definitely going for an older player to balance out the roster, either a grad transfer or a JuCo. Five freshmen will be a lot, but hopefully they can learn a lot, contribute a bit, and form a strong core moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT