ADVERTISEMENT

NEC Finals RMU vs. SFU

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
This is a perfect match up for the Colonials in their first season at the UPMC Events Center. The NEC Championship, #1 seed vs, #2 seed, arch rivals, split their games against each other during the season. Two excellent coaches who know each other's style and opposing rosters well. It will be a master chess match. The speed of the game and energy will be at a high level. Get Ready! Can't wait. Go Colonials!

Phenomenal performance. Phenomenal preparation and leadership by Toole and the coaching staff. Phenomenal execution by the players.

Lot of bumps to get to this point, but it's very fitting that RMU got to celebrate a conference title in its first year at the new building.

On to the tourney!

Agreed ! Toole is the perfect coach to have prep the team for a familiar opponent and everyone on team executed to perfection. Crowd was great and atmosphere was bumping. I took the family and had a great time at a great facility! Thank you Colonials!

Two great games in a row to get to the big dance. So happy to see them get ahead and play smart to keep their opponent down. Always tough to be a 15 or 16 seed but very happy for the team to have a chance to do something special in the NCAA. Congratulations Colonials!

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
Congrats. Very exciting game to watch and what a performance. Best of luck to the team and staff heading into the tournament.
Now the time is right after the new arena, huge sellout crowd and a NEC title for a team pre-season #5. Thank you NEC but its time to move on.

With both basketball's doing so well, I would think RMU would be even more marketable.

Football had a very good rebound year.
Men's Ice Hockey is doing good, not great. While the Women's team is doing great again. And don't forget about Women's Volleyball who should have been nationally ranked.

Lacrosse programs are just getting started.

If the roadmap for Athletics is grow then they need to start renewed talks now.

RMU probably could move up to a more competitive conference. However it would be a conference with schools that would only be slightly better known brand sports names than in the NEC. The conference revenue would likely not be significantly more than the NEC. It would be a more difficult conference in which to win championships, and it would still be a one bid conference for qualifying for the NCAA tournaments. Of course, I could be all wrong. Let me know if I am.

I just don't know if there is a home for RMU. Ideally they'd go to the A-10. But why would the A-10 want RMU? It already has the Pittsburgh market in Duquesne.

I'm not sure if the MAAC or Horizon or CAA adds anything to RMU. They're still one-bid leagues.

Yes, I based my comments on the assumption that RMU would have no chance of joining the A-10. If RMU could join the A-10, I suspect it would be a great move with regard to revenue and visibility, but we may never get to the NCAA tournament. I suspect RMU will be in the NEC until sometime when there are additional conference re-alignments and something opens up that may make sense.

But, more importantly, great win last evening. This has been a fun team to watch and to see the progression during the season. As a fan, I love watching Josh, I love watching AJ, and I love watching Dante play the game of basketball. I love watching the other guys as well, and I love watching how this team works together as a team, their ball movement, their defense and their support of each other.
Go Colonials!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT