ADVERTISEMENT

Multiple Players Transferring

Also Cheeks, Green & Mayers. Enoch is an especially tough one. He is a bit surprising since he has grown and developed so well under this staff.

Also Cheeks, Green & Mayers. Enoch is an especially tough one. He is a bit surprising since he has grown and developed so well under this staff.
Reality of the transfer portal. Cheeks has grown and progressed enough that he can make a leap up in competition. Marshall already reached out to him. Herd were 24-8, among the best in the Sun Belt, which is a better league than the Horizon right now. Arkansas also reached out and they're in the Sweet 16. He's from Providence and there is speculation they could be a fit, too.

RMU can't compete with that.

I don't know what Green is thinking. I think RMU thought he was going pro, but apparently some other schools are reaching out. Most of them are comparable to RMU, and even his initial school - Bryant - has reached out.

Markeese Hastings transferring in from Western Michigan as a grad transfer. Initially recruited to Butler. Averaged 9.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg last year and similar numbers the year prior. 6-7, 195 pounds. Should definitely help replace Matt Mayers and Khaliel Spear.

Hastings is a nice addition who will play a lot of minutes. Surprised he's only 195, if that's accurate, because he looks to be pretty solidly built. Colonial Sports Network reports he has two years of eligibility remaining.

Last edited:
Devin Carney is transferring from Duquesne after redshirting as a freshman. It would be great to see him continue his dad Shelton's legacy as a Colonial!

Justice Williams, a Philly native, just announced he's transferring to RMU from LSU.

Former four-star guard who earned decent minutes but not a ton of production in two years at LSU.

Justice Williams, a Philly native, just announced he's transferring to RMU from LSU.

Former four-star guard who earned decent minutes but not a ton of production in two years at LSU.
He is not a typical spot-up 3 point shooting SG, but looks like he can create his own shot and score off the dribble. I think he'll flourish at RMU.

6'7 Joshua Ofori from Prior Lake, MN has committed as a walk-on. He averaged 16 & 7.

Last edited:
According to Verbal Commits, 6'6 PF ÁLVARO FOLGUEIRAS from Spain has signed with the Colonials. They list Utah State as also offering him. Maybe this will start an international connection like the women's team has enjoyed.

I see Alvaro listed elsewhere as a 6'9 or 6'10 center, who was on Spain's U17 team. He seems like an unpolished offensive player who, like most freshman big men, will need some time to develop.

Last edited:
Phillips averaged 4 points 3 rebounds as a part time starter at Evansville. He's a 6'8 forward. Now the Colonials need a PG.

Last edited:
Apparently Preston earned a degree in Finance from Evansville in only two years and will pursue an MBA at Robert Morris. That's pretty impressive. He may be working on his doctorate before he runs out of eligibility!

Reactions: Jewelbug
6'3 PG Alfredo Boglio has enrolled at RMU. He is a 20 year old freshman from Italy's U20 team, the team's second recent international recruit. From videos he appears to be a penetrating lead guard with good size, handle and finish.

Last edited:
I see that Preston Phillips has decided to decommit and go to Bethel University close to home. Perhaps family obligations? Could leave the Colonials short-handed inside.

I see that Preston Phillips has decided to decommit and go to Bethel University close to home. Perhaps family obligations? Could leave the Colonials short-handed inside.
Bethel University isn't an NCAA affiliated school. It's NAIA. Makes me wonder if there was some other factor with the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Looks like the Colonials have made a late addition to fill the slot vacated by Philips, 6'8 freshman SF Antellah Sandlin'el from Lincoln Nebraska. He averaged 17 & 9 this year. Prior to the past year or so he was a guard, until he spurted about 5 inches.

The roster now also includes 6'6 G/F Vasilije Serafimoski from Gostivar, North Macedonia. He is listed as a sophomore, however his LinkedIn states he didn't play much at La Rouche due to complications arriving in US and has 4 years eligibility. I do not see him mentioned on the La Rouche website.

20/21 highlights

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT