ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse

LetsGoRomo2

Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone heard anything regarding lacrosse conferences?

My thought is that women's may join MAC with YSU. Seems to make a lot sense for all involved.

Mens team is tricky. They are a very good team, had a couple down years but believe the "brand" is fairly well known and respected.

Realistic options are likely MAAC, Patriot (very good lax conference) , AE, or CAA. There is also the possibility of staying in NEC, which would not be the worst option.

Not sure how you guys follow lacrosse but it is one of the sports they can truly compete with top in country.

Has anyone heard anything regarding lacrosse conferences?

My thought is that women's may join MAC with YSU. Seems to make a lot sense for all involved.

Mens team is tricky. They are a very good team, had a couple down years but believe the "brand" is fairly well known and respected.

Realistic options are likely MAAC, Patriot (very good lax conference) , AE, or CAA. There is also the possibility of staying in NEC, which would not be the worst option.

Not sure how you guys follow lacrosse but it is one of the sports they can truly compete with top in country.
Rumblings are MAC for women and MAAC for men. MAC is new, but it'll have YSU and Detroit, so it makes sense to partner with your new conference mates from the Horizon. Also gives MAC six teams. MAC doesn't sponsor men's lacrosse.

The MAAC has 8 schools right now, including Detroit. I think - but don't know for sure - that the MAAC is exploring bringing in both RMU and Cleveland State. CSU is an independent and probably could use a conference.

That's a great fit in my opinion. Have 3 horizon teams in case more add.

Surprised that I had heard NEC is not an option for mens lax. Not really a big revenue sport, and they are easily one of the best teams.

Still holding out hope for Patriot for lax, great conference. Thin MAAC is most likely.

Akron, Central Michigan, Detroit Mercy, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Robert Morris and Youngstown State. That's the best conference yet for the Colonials with regard to travel, schools with recognizable names and good competition. Go Colonials!

That's a great fit in my opinion. Have 3 horizon teams in case more add.

Surprised that I had heard NEC is not an option for mens lax. Not really a big revenue sport, and they are easily one of the best teams.

Still holding out hope for Patriot for lax, great conference. Thin MAAC is most likely.
Success and revenue have nothing to do with RMU's status in the NEC.

The door shut on RMU's tenure in the NEC the moment it left for the Horizon League. That's all the NEC cares about, which is understandable. There's also no need to keep RMU, as there are still enough lacrosse programs to have an autobid.

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
Agreed and said. Plenty of affiliate NEC mens lax teams. NEC is cutting nose on the Men's lax issue.

They would beg a team of their stature to join as an affiliate if there was not the history. Very short sighted by NEC on the Men's lax issue.

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT