ADVERTISEMENT

Horizon League

RMU_Fan

Dec 7, 2011
Kam Farris gets the start in RMU's first ever Horizon game and goes 4-4 including 3 threes in the first half. He had a fourth 3 waived off due to a foul by a teammate. Colonials by 6 at the half.

Great game on offense, shot the ball really well. Did not see Traydon Williams play, anyone notice if he was on bench

Another shootout with little defense today. Unfortunately the Colonials did not have the same energy and definitely did not shoot as well. Don't know if Bain would have helped but they had no defensive presence inside. All three freshman guards played a lot today. Wilbon played very well this weekend, as did Bramah who hit long 2s pretty consistently along with his usual dunks and short shots.

Williams, Treacy, Bramah, and Wilbon are playing very well, which is good to see from guys with some experience.

Unfortunately, the new guys are playing like new guys. Lots to like, but also lots to work on.

Khaliel Spear has a lot of upside, but he's clearly still playing catch-up. But it's good he's available now because Olisa Ngonadi and Pat Suemnick have even more work to do.

Kam Farris and Traydon Williams show a lot of offensive potential, but their defensive details need work. Enoch Cheeks is solid defensively, but his decision-making on offense will need to improve.

And as a whole, the team communication on D and the usual RMU mindset is lagging.

Honestly, they're playing about as well as could be expected for a team that's has scattered, disjointed practices.

The good news is they'll get some practice time in this week and they don't have to face the Horizon's top tier for a bit.

Nice win yesterday down three starters, Bain for injury and Williams and Treacy for Covid protocol. Bramah has been incredible. Last year I cringed when he took a jumper but this year he is consistently hitting 18 footers. Wilbon is so much better than his freshman year. Freshmen are very erratic which is to expected playing so much so early. They have a lot of potential. Hope the team maintains their focus and gets another win today. Guard those 3s!

Today's game canceled.

At this stage, RMU might want to reevaluate what it's doing to keep these guys isolated. I know it's tough on college campuses, but this is the third cancellation and it might lead to another two-week shutdown.

Today's game canceled.

At this stage, RMU might want to reevaluate what it's doing to keep these guys isolated. I know it's tough on college campuses, but this is the third cancellation and it might lead to another two-week shutdown.
I agree. It seems like they are having more issues than other teams.

This weekends MBB games at IUPUI have been cancelled due to positive Covid tests within the Robert Morris program.

I presume when they say cancelled rather than postponed that they will not be made up.

I presume when they say cancelled rather than postponed that they will not be made up.
At this stage, we have no idea. Some other canceled games in the Horizon have been rescheduled when another series was canceled. They're kind of just mixing and matching teams that haven't played each other yet when they can.

ADVERTISEMENT