ADVERTISEMENT

Game Preview

JayFrank17

Nov 5, 2015
Hey guys, some technical difficulties are preventing me from uploading the game preview, so here it is:

Mount St. Mary's (6-11, 3-1) at Robert Morris (3-13, 1-3)

7:00 P.M.

Charles L. Sewall Center

The Colonials will host the Mountaineers in a pivotal NEC matchup that has a lot at stake for both teams. The Mount can potentially establish themselves as one of the better teams in the conference with a win, and Robert Morris, with a win, would keep steady in the NEC. A loss for the Colonials would drop them three games behind first place. NEC games usually are close and scrappy, and this one will be no different. The Colonials have lost many close games this season, but need to buckle down defensively and take smart shots on the offensive end if they want to come away with a W.

Mount. St. Mary's is coming off of a double overtime loss to Bryant, and appears to be a real contender in the NEC this season. BK Ashe leads the Mount in scoring, averaging 14.4 points per game. Junior Robinson is second on the team in scoring, coming in at 11.2 ppg. Robert Morris needs to go a good job of slowing those two down, and if they do that, they give themselves a really good chance to win.

One of the biggest problems on offense for the Colonials is they take too many bad shots. You can get away with it sometimes when you have guys like Rodney Pryor (who isn't expected to play tonight) and Elijah Minnie, but I think this offense has almost fallen too in love with chucking up shots five seconds into the shot clock. I've always said that this offense is SOOOOO much better when they run their offense all the way through. Feeding the ball in the high-post and coming off ball screens is when this team can be lethal. With that being said, Kavon Stewart has done a tremendous job of penetrating and kicking out to his teammates. Stewart has also stepped up this year in terms of getting to the charity-stripe. His free-throws are improving each and every game.

As long as this teams starts clicking around halfway through conference play, I think they will be fine. It's not about getting the one or two seed every season, because no matter what seed you are, you still have to go out there and play basketball. The Colonials' main goal should revolve around consistency on both ends of the floor, and for these guys to develop some chemistry and trust in one another. When this team is losing (which they've done a lot of this season) you see the offense become very stagnant and play a lot of iso-ball. Rebounding has been an issue all season long. SOMEBODY has to step up. Good teams will take advantage of second chance opportunities. Mount St. Mary's is a good team, so the Colonials have to rebound and play top-notch basketball. Will they? We'll find out at 7:00 P.M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT