ADVERTISEMENT

Football, late commitments

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
I have been noticing on twitter that RMU football seems to be getting some late commitments. It appears most are excellent students in addition to their athletic abilities. I assume, that RMU is able to offer these student/athletes some academic scholarships since the number of football scholarships are limited. This would seem to be a winning strategy. The team and the general RMU student body gain some outstanding students. They may not have quite as good of football accomplishments as those recruits on football scholarships, but likely they are hard workers, smart and motivated to prove they can compete at this level. Go Colonials!

Reactions: LetsGoRomo2
When RMU was at its best, it had a deep roster full of players who were good character, high academic guys. You wouldn't hear about them until they were juniors or seniors, but suddenly they'd show up on special teams and then be starters for a year or two.

Every small.college team needs a mix of high caliber athletes and guys who just want to be around the game for another four years.

Will be a R-Sr. A safety with nice size 6-1, 215. 44 tackles, 2 interceptions this past season against some good competition. Possibly a grad transfer. Looks to be an excellent addition to the roster
Welcome Ceneca!

Looks like a great addition. Comes on the heels of Canton entering transfer portal to leave RMU. I always thought Canton was a pretty good player, wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

I have seen a couple of other Liberty players enter the transfer portal because they are not happy with leadership at the school. Did not see that mentioned for Ceneca.

Lots of attention spent on defense this recruiting season. Great to see experience coming in to fill in the loss of TJ, Mason and Heavon. Good size deep never hurts.

Would have liked to have seen some qb prospects come in to rattle Martins cage a little. Competition breeds success. Hopefully, George, Geno, Steve n Tyler (get it.... Steven Tyler? ) will push each other enough to match n surpass last years success.

Receiving squad, coming into spring practice, looked good. While replacing Gonzo, Tim n Delano’s’ production is no small task, The new recruits, [Thomas (FIU), Robinson (Rutg) I think] looked good catching the ball and looked fast n strong. (darn COVID).

Kicking game is always solid n exciting. Can’t wait!

Darn COVID is right. The safety of the students including student athletes has to be the priority. There are so many reasons to be excited about RMU athletics (football, basketball, really all of the sports) this year, but with COVID, limited summer workouts, uncertainties about practices, possible shortened seasons, possible cancelled seasons. Darn COVID, Darn COVID, Darn COVID!

I think DePaul can be a star QB.

Yeah. Need to see more of him in game situations to really get a feel for the “star” moniker though.

Maybe I’ll get that this year. Who knows? Stranger things have happened! Never thought I’d have to vote against a cold virus in a presidential election before this year.‍♂️

Really disappointed that he is leaving. If it’s personal reasons I understand.

If because of QB situation then I think it’s the wrong move to leave. It’s too early to just leave without knowing if there is going to be a season and RMU football moving to the Big South.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT