ADVERTISEMENT

Dachon Burke

RMU_Fan

Dec 7, 2011
Burke is leaving Nebraska and will be immediately eligible as a grad transfer.

See below, "Burke missed the last few games of the season due to a suspension for breaking team
rules." I would love to see him rejoin the Colonials for his final season if Coach Toole believed he would fit in with his desired team culture. One reason this year's team did well was because it had great team chemistry and everyone was working toward the same goal. Early in the season that team chemistry may have been lacking until two players left around Thanksgiving. I was not happy when those players left, but the team started to come together once they left. Shows what I know. It would be a very rare case that a player would transfer back to a school he previously left, so likely Dachon has no interest in coming back to RMU. But, if he does, he is a high-level talent that know Toole's system and what is expected so he could make a big contribution next season. But he has to be a guy that is going to fit in with the team and the team goals.

As HuskerOnline points out, he missed the last few games of the season due to a suspension for breaking team rules. It was never announced what he did to earn the suspension, but he sat out the Huskers’ final regular-season game, as well as their first-round loss in the Big Ten Tournament.

See below, "Burke missed the last few games of the season due to a suspension for breaking team
rules." I would love to see him rejoin the Colonials for his final season if Coach Toole believed he would fit in with his desired team culture. One reason this year's team did well was because it had great team chemistry and everyone was working toward the same goal. Early in the season that team chemistry may have been lacking until two players left around Thanksgiving. I was not happy when those players left, but the team started to come together once they left. Shows what I know. It would be a very rare case that a player would transfer back to a school he previously left, so likely Dachon has no interest in coming back to RMU. But, if he does, he is a high-level talent that know Toole's system and what is expected so he could make a big contribution next season. But he has to be a guy that is going to fit in with the team and the team goals.

As HuskerOnline points out, he missed the last few games of the season due to a suspension for breaking team rules. It was never announced what he did to earn the suspension, but he sat out the Huskers’ final regular-season game, as well as their first-round loss in the Big Ten Tournament.

Right it is very unlikely but thought I would propose the idea and bring up another topic to discuss/think about.

If he would somehow happen to come back, what a big impact player he could be in replacing Josh Williams’ production.

As Dachon Burke, a 6'4" guard leaves Nebraska, Trey McGowens, a 6'4" guard from Pitt will be arriving.
Sometimes it turns out the grass is greener, often it is not.

Reactions: ColonialCrazy
Burke has signed with an agent and declared for the draft. No turning back after hiring an agent. Maybe the uncertainty around the virus prompted him to rethink going back for another season that could be affected by health precautions.

Hopefully he has a degree already, assume he was a grad transfer? I don't know if he is good enough to make a career out of playing? A master's may have been a better long term plan.

Hopefully he has a degree already, assume he was a grad transfer? I don't know if he is good enough to make a career out of playing? A master's may have been a better long term plan.
Yes I believe he has a degree from Nebraska and was a grad transfer. He should do well overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT