ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Wilbon transferring

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
Looks like Cam Wilbon is out, looking for other opportunities.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toole remake this team a little bit. They were close to competing, and you'll always wonder what if they hadn't had so many stoppages because of COVID. But I think there might be a few guys who aren't Horizon League level.

I wish Cam the best. He seems like a great guy and a tough, competitive player. If he could shoot from the outside he could be a high level player. At the D-1 level, a small forward has to be able to make some outside shots. Cam only took 8 three point shots this season and made 2 of them, .250, Bain also shot .250 from three, Treacy .294, Cheeks .250, Spear .292. We need some guys that can make shots.

Size and shooters seem to be what Toole is targeting.

Brandon Stone, who transferred in from La Salle midseason, is 6-foot-11. Justin Winston, who transferred from St. Bonaventure. is 6-foot-8. Tristan Jeffries, the freshman signee, is 6-foot-6 and more of a traditional small forward, not an undersized power forward.

New juco offer to guard Denver Jones. 6-foot-4, 40% from 3 this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if another transfer or juco player is targeted.

Cam has a lot of heart and hustle. I wish him well. Size and scoring are always good, and really needed to match up with Horizon League competition.

If I understand correctly, everyone gets an extra year of eligibility due to COVID. So, Jon and Charles could come back. I am assuming that is not in the plans, but I may be wrong. Charles will be 25 years old in August, at some point you just have to get on with life. Possibly Jon will be back, or maybe he would prefer to get a final year of experience in another program. I don't know Jon's future plans, but if he is interested in coaching, I believe he will have a bright future, but then, I think Jon will be successful in whatever he chooses. If he decides to be a Colonial for another year, that sounds good to me.

According to a Pittsburgh Sports Now article, Robert Morris, Duquesne and others have reached out to Austin Butler who will be a grad transfer from Holy Cross. Austin is from Latrobe, PA

“I’m a big-time competitor and want to go to a place where I’ll be challenged,” said Butler. “I want to be pushed and coached very hard.

Hey Austin, You and Coach Toole may be a perfect match!

6'5" athletic guard that wants a challenge. Sounds like a perfect fit for RMU and Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT