ADVERTISEMENT

Another A-10 transfer

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
There are reports that Justin Winston is transferring from St Bonaventure to RMU. Winston, 6'8" 225 pounds, started 28 games last year as a freshmen. His playing time dropped this year, apparently due to some other players Mark Schmidt was able to get for St. Bonaventure. Winston was a 3 star recruit coming out of high school. Since AJ Braham will likely be moving on to playing pro ball some where in the world next year, Winston may be able to help ease the transitions from that major loss. With Winston to go along with 6'11" Brandon Stone and the current freshman class, I am already excited about seeing games next season in person at the UPMC Events Center. Go Colonials!

You beat me to report this GoRomo! Hopefully he'll be immediately eligible next year. Winston averaged 8.7 PPG as a freshman starter in the A10 so he should be a double digit scorer with another year under his belt. Things are shaping up nicely for the future, with a couple slots yet to fill for next year.

"Immediately eligible next year" is the question I have also. Will he be eligible at the beginning of the season or not until second semester next year? In the past, I would say not until second semester, but between the NCAA granting waivers and some changes to restrictions this year due to COVID, I have no idea.

Hopefully the relaxed transfer rules this year will carry over to next as we all try to get through this pandemic. Unless he is in class at RMU now, I think he'd sit the entire 21-22 year under the old rules.

Hopefully the relaxed transfer rules this year will carry over to next as we all try to get through this pandemic. Unless he is in class at RMU now, I think he'd sit the entire 21-22 year under the old rules.
He is enrolled. He was even on the bench during this past weekend's games.

Looking back at some articles about Justin's coming out of high school, he was regarded as one of the most highly rated recruits by Mark Schmidt, ever, at St. Bonaventure. That's impressive, Schmidt has had some great players and teams.

Looking back at some articles about Justin's coming out of high school, he was regarded as one of the most highly rated recruits by Mark Schmidt, ever, at St. Bonaventure. That's impressive, Schmidt has had some great players and teams.
He had offers from Pitt and UConn, not too shabby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT