ADVERTISEMENT

Reed

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Very disappointing to hear that Reed is leaving. I was hoping this group would stay together at least one more year and try to have a really special season next year. It seems RMU has practically a whole new roster every year. You have to give Andy credit for patching together a winning team every year, but I am starting to wonder why he cannot keep more of his players. Maybe it is just a reality in college basketball today.

Shocked to see the young man leave. I had heard rumors at the start and mid-season that Pryor could be someone who leaves but didn't expect this.
I wish Reed all the best and thank him for the great year.

While the focus will be on the roster and who is staying vs. leaving, the real focus needs to be on Toole. I know he verbally committed to RMU just recently but we all know how verbal commits go!!!
I'm sure Toole may throw his hat in the ring now for VCU. I'm sure he is looking at what is out there and programs are trying to gauge his interest.

If Andy were offered VCU, I think he would jump on it in a second. Shaka Smart has built it into a great mid-major program. There will be a lot of very strong candidates for that job. I would not be surprised if Andy gets some consideration by VCU, but there will be candidates that have winning records in conferences stronger than the Northeast, and/or are past assistant coaches at VCU. It's looking like Andy will be coaching the Colonials in 2015/2016.

This one certainly hurts, but isn't too shocking. There were rumors in January around Reed that he was going to look into a big school transfer, and the two big games in the NCAA tournament gave him a chance to show the nation what he was all about. I would be willing to bet Andy knew about all this before all the job rumblings and Fordham interview.

While I am disappointed, and I'm sure many around the program are, hard to blame a kid for wanting to test himself and play at the highest level of college basketball. With three years of eligibility left, Reed will certainly get a ton of interest. He will have to sit out a year, but should be a major impact player where ever he lands in two seasons.

Hope we can get a group of guys committed to Robert Morris and have one offseason without major turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT