ADVERTISEMENT

Colonials Corner podcast: Minnie, Reed

So, maybe Robert Morris should be the Kentucky of low-major college basketball. Recruit high caliber players, let them help us win a championship, and then let them move on. Only difference, while RMU wins Northeast Conference Championships with players that move up to higher level D-I programs, Kentucky wins National Championships with players that move up to the NBA. Either way, one and done.

Hey Chris, if you tell us next that Aaron Tate is leaving, I'm done as a Colonials fan. That would totally destroy my confidence in the program. I'm still recovering from AJ transferring to the BC Times! With Dell' Omo transferring to Rider, Ryan Toole rooting for Duke, Craig Meyers transferring to both Duquesne and WVU, it's only a matter of time before RoMo will be looking for greener pastures.

Andy now has an added selling point in this current recruiting season, immediate playing time.

Thanks, Chris and Lee. Yesterday I was quite disappointed in the news of the release requests by Reed and Minnie. This morning I listened to your podcast. You two obviously are also disappointed, but also provide voices of reason. With Kavon, Rodney and company, plus two high quality recruits already signed and a few more to come and Andy coaching, RMU should be a strong contender again for the Conference championship.

It has been interesting watching Andy grow as a head coach. His first year he was wound pretty tight, and went through a learning process of how to get players to respond to his high expectations. He has since proven that he can be adaptable to different type of personalities of individual players and groups of players, and to styles of play. I never would have thought Andy would have been willing to switch to a zone defense, but he is really, really good at playing with the hand that he is dealt and making the most of it.

You two do a great job. Obviously you are both mature beyond your years, at least in your official capacities, I don't know what you do with the rest of your time!
smile.r191677.gif

Go Colonials!
This post was edited on 4/4 2:31 PM by GoRMU

Thanks for listening and again for your kind words! The whole Elijah situation is unexpected and quite frankly a little odd. It seems like he told the media he would be requesting a release before any of the coaching staff or athletic department-- certainly backwards.

So one juco player that could step right in to the PF position next season would be jeremiah worthem. Do you think he would consider coming back?
Same question for britton lee.

It would certainly be possible, but I don't see it happening. My guess would be that both sides have moved on. Worthem has also got a decent amount of high major interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT